Matt and I will be hiking the Long Trail in September 2020!
Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these.
We made the decision almost a month ago, firming things up with time off from work, and have since started working on our gear and training. It is going to be my first thru-hike and I cannot wait. While this isn’t the 2200 miles approximately that Matt did in 2019 when he thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail NOBO, the 273 miles that make up the Long Trail will still be quite a challenge for myself.
For those who don’t know, the Long Trail is the oldest long-distance trail in the country and runs the entire length of Vermont from the Massachusetts border all the way to the Canadian border. It is spans 273 miles, was constructed between the years of 1910 and 1930 by the Green Mountain Club, and was the inspiration for the Appalachian trail.
While we haven’t determined if we are hiking SOBO or NOBO, we are starting in September and I will have three and a half weeks off from work to complete the hike.
There are many ways you can follow along and support us! So stay tuned for training updates, gear reviews and debates, shakedown hikes, plannings, and other adventures here on this blog, of course and the following:
- Our YouTube channel, which is currently titled Adventures of Hiker Trash and the Trail Angel
- Our Instagram feeds: Sirenical, PositiveMileage, and Hiker Trash and the Trail Angel
- Our 2020 Long Trail Thru Hike Wishlist
- Hannah and Matts Amazon Affiliate Link*
* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through the affiliate links within this post.