TGIF? nope… TGIM!!!

Wow, while I am not overly excited its Monday, I was definitely glad it wasn't the weekend anymore. I didn't stop, there was so much going on. It was fun, exciting, and totally time to end so I can relax.
Friday was supposed to have been an early night with a short visit with Mary.  It turned into a 3+ hour visit involving two bottles of wine, Mary, Robin, Kate, and Jeremy.  There was girl talk, laughing, there was even a drunk dial involved! Needless to say, I did not get up the next morning for my 5k trail run. While I am not overly upset and was easily able to let it go (I think only because I hadn't registered yet), it definitely made for a rough start to Saturday.
I slept in; it was around 11am when I finally dragged my ass out of bed.  A quick shower, stuffing my face with food, and Jeremy and I headed out to an 1pm birthday party. Unbeknownst to us, it was a small bbq! There was burgers and dogs, my dads amazing mac & cheese, and some coleslaw.  We are not ones to turn down my dads mac & cheese, and we knew the extra calories would be put to good use when we left to go help a friend split wood.  So stuff our faces again, check!
We didn't get to stay for the entire birthday party, but I was glad we were able to be there for some of it. Little girls don't turn 7 every day after all.
From there we went to Julia's to help split and stack wood with the promise of beer and food, yes more food. Luckily the majority of the wood was split and stacked by the time we got there, so we were able to help with the last load and enjoy a beer in the shade.  Jeremy left to go corner for a friend who was fighting, and I stayed behind to hang out, enjoy some more wine, good food, and visit with people I haven't seen in years.  By the time Jeremy got back from Burlington, it was 10:30 and I was about ready for bed, but we managed to stay and enjoy the bonfire for another hour.  It made for a second late night in a row.
I slept in Sunday, not as late as I would have liked, but I had places to be and things to do.  My mom picked me up and we were off to meet up with my future sister-in-law to finalize some details at the fairgrounds where she and my brother are getting married. It was a beautiful day, and we were all able to easily imagine what the location might look like all decorated and ready for the “I do's.”  After spending a bit of time in the hot noon sun, it was back to my moms where we spent the rest of the afternoon canning peaches.  It was so much fun to work in the kitchen with my mom and to get into processing the peaches and getting them ready to put up for the winter. So much fun.
I was picked up by Jeremy when he was done work, showered, and was off and running to his sisters house for an evening of birth charting and True Blood! It was another late night with too early of a morning today.
I am hoping to rest up and get this week started off on a better foot, my triathlon is on Saturday!!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s